The Sealladh Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sealladh Alliance

TH€ HÿßÕRÎÅÑ ÃG£

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
Callesto
Dareia of Mitra: Hallowed by Thy Name I_vote_lcapDareia of Mitra: Hallowed by Thy Name I_voting_barDareia of Mitra: Hallowed by Thy Name I_vote_rcap 
Psykhe
Dareia of Mitra: Hallowed by Thy Name I_vote_lcapDareia of Mitra: Hallowed by Thy Name I_voting_barDareia of Mitra: Hallowed by Thy Name I_vote_rcap 
Faucon
Mani929
shemeitt
Simage
Snowfire
Majah
Nancy the fancy
Selona Deshret

Dareia of Mitra: Hallowed by Thy Name

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dareia

Dareia

Dareia of Mitra: Hallowed by Thy Name Empty
PostSubject: Dareia of Mitra: Hallowed by Thy Name   Dareia of Mitra: Hallowed by Thy Name Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 12:54 am

((I don't usually start a character with a detailed backstory. I start with a detailed archetype and personality, and then build from that through RP. That being said, consider this a work in progress and I'll update as things come out.))

Dareia of Mitra was born to a wealthy noble family in a winery estate in northern Gunderland of Aquilonia. Well to do, her family had big plans involving her eventual marriage. They intended to betrothe her to a nearby rival merchant family as a peace making marriage common in Aquilonian nobility.

Dareia was always an obedient child. She never went against the wishes of her family, unlike her older brother, who's sense of entitlement was legendary. She was brought up dutifully in the Mitraic faith. So it was with surprise that her family took the news that she refused to be betrothed in her teenage years. She told them that Mitra had called her to his service and she must obey.

So she left, without the blessings of her family, to be educated and ordained in the nearby Temple of Mitra. After finally being made a Bride of Mitra recently, she has been sent out on a pilgrimage of sorts. This is why she is known as Dareia of Mitra, and not of her birthplace or status.

As there are no specific points to visit in which to worship Mitra, for he is everywhere and all around us, she wanders the Hyborian lands, preaching to and healing those in need. She wears rough clothing, in place of the standard robes of her order, in order to fit in with those she preaches to and to not present a target to bandits as she travels. Being a mendicant, she sends all monies given to her on to her home Temple. She relies heavily on the generosity of those she comes across for food and shelter.

She recently came across a group of individuals from the Sealladh Alliance and joined their ranks as she feels it is mutually beneficial to each. She needs protection as she travels, and they benefit from her healing...and of course her concern for their mortal sins.

As a follower of Mitra, she holds disdain for followers of Set and evil sorcery. But as her recent travels have taught her, there is a time and a place for revealing disdain, so she mostly keeps these beliefs to herself and will become aloof to those she discovers to be followers of Set or magic users.

((Found the belief system of Mitra here: at a website I can't post. lol Smile Please let me know if this is in error as I'm not as well-versed in the lore as I'd like to be.))

Other than that, she tries to hold an open mind and follows the Golden Rule as often as possible.

Last edited by Dareia on Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dareia

Dareia

PostSubject: Re: Dareia of Mitra: Hallowed by Thy Name   Dareia of Mitra: Hallowed by Thy Name Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 12:56 am

((My name is Christy and I've RP'd for over 15 years now. I started MMO RPing in 2008 when I moved to evening shift and couldn't do table-top anymore. I've RP'd in WoW and SWG. I'm here to have fun and get my creativity going again as I stopped RPing a bit back in March. Hope to see you guys around. Smile ))
Back to top Go down
Dareia

Dareia

PostSubject: Re: Dareia of Mitra: Hallowed by Thy Name   Dareia of Mitra: Hallowed by Thy Name Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 6:26 pm

((Edited a wee bit. Smile ))
Back to top Go down
Zhaidifain

Zhaidifain

PostSubject: Re: Dareia of Mitra: Hallowed by Thy Name   Dareia of Mitra: Hallowed by Thy Name Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 6:28 pm

Very nice read. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dareia of Mitra: Hallowed by Thy Name   Dareia of Mitra: Hallowed by Thy Name Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dareia of Mitra: Hallowed by Thy Name
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Sealladh Alliance :: Roleplay Realm :: Introduction and Bio Section-
Jump to: