The Sealladh Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sealladh Alliance

TH€ HÿßÕRÎÅÑ ÃG£

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
Callesto
Religion in Hyboria I_vote_lcapReligion in Hyboria I_voting_barReligion in Hyboria I_vote_rcap 
Psykhe
Religion in Hyboria I_vote_lcapReligion in Hyboria I_voting_barReligion in Hyboria I_vote_rcap 
Faucon
Mani929
shemeitt
Simage
Snowfire
Majah
Nancy the fancy
Selona Deshret

Religion in Hyboria

Go down 
+2
Iralith
Yralin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Yralin

Yralin

Religion in Hyboria Empty
PostSubject: Religion in Hyboria   Religion in Hyboria Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 7:58 pm

Hyborian Religion

This is a PDF from the Tabletop Role Playing Game that describes religion in Hyboria. There is some small amount of statistics and game-related information, but most of it is RP-fodder. It is well worth a read if you play a clerical class or if you are just interested in religion and how it works within Hyboria.

- Yralin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/wahirsch
Iralith

PostSubject: Re: Religion in Hyboria   Religion in Hyboria Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 7:56 am

I've barely glanced at it so far, but this book looks excellent from what I've seen--looks like Mongoose's designers have done a lot of interesting thinking about what would make religions tick in a setting like Hyboria. Thanks for posting!
Back to top Go down
Yralin

Yralin

PostSubject: Re: Religion in Hyboria   Religion in Hyboria Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 2:30 pm

Not a problem, I found it when I was looking for information on Mitra and Mitraic religion and then I thought "Well... some of these other lore-buffs will love this, I'm sure."

Even though it isn't REH's work, it's well thought-out. I'm hoping that this can be a good resource thread for anyone playing a Priest (or anyone with a character who is deeply religious).
Back to top Go down
Wulfgar

Wulfgar

PostSubject: Re: Religion in Hyboria   Religion in Hyboria Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 5:34 am

Awesome resource, Yralin. Thanks for posting that. It's a little too much for me to read through completely right now, as my reading time lately has been spent reading/re-reading though all the original R.E.H. Conan stories that I can get my hands on. I read alot of them as a youth and failed to realize that many of the stories I read were not Howard, but written by Sprague De Camp or Lin Carter, etc. They are great authors, of course, but I guess I'm on a slight 'purist' kick at the moment.

That PDF is a great resource to have, though, especially for one who is interested in writing Conan fanfics/Pastiche stories and of course, for anyone who wants background info to help role play a priest/shaman/spiritualist type of character as well. I'm sure I'll be referring to it often!
Back to top Go down
Dareia

Dareia

PostSubject: Re: Religion in Hyboria   Religion in Hyboria Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 3:02 am

This was super helpful. Thank you so much. Learned a lot.
Back to top Go down
Neferptah

Neferptah

PostSubject: Re: Religion in Hyboria   Religion in Hyboria Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 4:08 am

One thing to remember is that the world is a big place. How things are done in Tarantia isn't necessarily how they're done in some backwater village. RPG source books have a habit of making their worlds a little too uniform; real life is messy.
Back to top Go down
Dareia

Dareia

PostSubject: Re: Religion in Hyboria   Religion in Hyboria Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 4:28 am

I understand. Smile Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Simage

Simage

PostSubject: Re: Religion in Hyboria   Religion in Hyboria Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 6:37 pm

This was an excellent resource. Thanks for posting it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Yralin

Yralin

PostSubject: Re: Religion in Hyboria   Religion in Hyboria Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 12:40 am

Not a problem, guys. As Neferptah said, take this and use it as a resource and not a cookie-cutter guideline. It's just always nice to have additional learning material outside of what is presented in-game (which is very little in the beginning and absolutely NOTHING in the manuals/official website).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Religion in Hyboria   Religion in Hyboria Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Religion in Hyboria
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Sealladh Alliance :: Roleplay Realm :: Lore-
Jump to: