The Sealladh Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sealladh Alliance

TH€ HÿßÕRÎÅÑ ÃG£

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
Callesto
Selona Deshret I_vote_lcapSelona Deshret I_voting_barSelona Deshret I_vote_rcap 
Psykhe
Faucon
Mani929
shemeitt
Simage
Snowfire
Majah
Nancy the fancy
Selona Deshret

Selona Deshret

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Selona Deshret

Selona Deshret Empty
PostSubject: Selona Deshret   Selona Deshret Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 9:27 pm

Name: Selona Deshret
Known Aliases: Currently none.

Height: 5'6
Approximate Weight: 120-140
Hair: Natural color: A very slight silvery blond, identical to her brother’s. In the past she dyed it a dark purple.
Eyes: Pale yellow
Distinguishing Marks: Detailed eastern dragon tattoo on her back.

Background
Birth date: October 6th
Birthplace: Luxur, Stygia
Ethnic origin: Stygian
Family members: Odiron, lord of House Deshret (Adopted father), deceased.
Takel: Brother (blood) exiled from Stygia and currently believed dead by all but a select few.
Devara: Twin sister.
Marolius: Husband of Devara, brother in law.
Nazeem: Second husband, deceased.
Sutem Mehryejin, under the assumed name of Annund Halldor: husband

Childhood: Raised in luxury as a noblewoman. Received education and training at the temple in Luxur.

Friends: She has forged a great many alliances with different people. She still holds some influence with some of the other noble houses in Aquilonia. She has also forged alliances and has contacts with members of some of the criminal groups in the Old Taratina Commons District.
She has a very good friendship with Vandra. She also has a personal servant named Chessene to whom she is very close. She has also forged alliances with the Scarlet Circle of Khitai and has a current trade agreement there. She has been shown favor by Pra-Eun himself, who insists upon personal dealings.

Enemies: Servants of the dark god Shadow. Nal-cheb and his allies in the Black Ring. The Sons of Kotharu

Love: Sutem Mehryejin, under the assumed name of Annund Halldor

Secrets: Prophesized to be unable to have children, and keeps such things from others. She really wishes that she could. Is deeply in love with the Cimmerian woman Vandra, although she does not know how to express her feelings, and knows that Vandra does not feel the same way. Vandra makes her feel safe.
Enjoys Old Taratina and Aquilonian culture much more than she is willing to admit.

Religion: She is a Priestess of Set, classified as a missionary. In truth, Set is little more than a pathway to power with her, although she has been known to get agitated at insults to Set.

First impression:
Gets angry at: Insults to nobility. Being insulted and not shown the respect that she believes she is entitled to. Stupidity in all forms.
Laughs at: Things that she finds funny, often due to her current mood.
Regrets: The destruction of the Vashta Nerada and that she chose to escape rather than fight. Her first marriage. That she left Sadat instead of trying to temper her reckless behavior.
Vulnerability: She can be influenced by strong personalities that have a vision and goal. She still obeys her brother Takel without question.
Prejudices: She can be insulting towards Cimmerian people, although she has shown respect for them as well. She has a very bad habit of judging those in Stygia with darker skin to be low born, especially if angered or insulted by one.
Positive Personality Traits: She is very intelligent, and when she can control her emotions is capable of very rational and shrewd advice. She has also shown herself to be very loyal to those she calls friends.
Negative Personality Traits: She is selfish and arrogant. She has a very strong sense of self preservation, although it is not outright cowardice. However she would not fight to the death if she could escape. She has a fiery temper, and will say very hurtful and insulting things when angered.

Hobbies: She has a fondness for gladiator games.
Skills: Socializing. Occasionally will study philosophy and cultures as to better understand how to manipulate someone.
Smells: Myrrh
Favorite beverage: Red wine
Favorite music: She likes soft flute music, and occasionally plays.
Favorite clothing: She enjoys a wide range of clothing, from traditional Stygian noble wear to more revealing attire. She also enjoys wearing clothing from other cultures. One thing of note, Selona rarely if ever appears topless of nude in public. Her father instilled upon her that only lower class woman and slaves will go without shirts or clothing. Despite popular tradition in Stygia, she still holds to this belief. On very rare special occasions she has performed dances that she learned in the temple in a nude state.
Description of his/her home: Her family’s palace in Luxur was very opulent and well furnished. Sutem constructed a Villa for her in Poitain.

OOC details

Let’s see… what is interesting about me… I live in Southern Illinois, near the Missouri border. I am about 15 minutes away from St Louis. I am currently a graduate student in the second semester of a Clinical Adult Psychology program and currently plan on a career in counseling. I am married, and celebrated our 10 year anniversary this past October. My wife plays several of the characters listed in Selona’s bio, Vandra, her sister Devara and Nazeem, although she currently is not playing. Also of note, my RL brother plays Selona’s brother Takel.
I have bunches of cats and a new Scottish terrier puppy…and that’s about all of the things I can think about that may be interesting.
Oh and a note on Selona’s history that is to follow…it’s a bit long, and bravo to anyone who suffers through it to the end farao The history is a ref;ection of events that took place ingame throughout my time in AoC Smile

Last edited by Selona Deshret on Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Selona Deshret

Selona Deshret Empty
PostSubject: Re: Selona Deshret   Selona Deshret Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 9:29 pm

Part One: Early Life

Years ago, the lord of the Nailah house prayed to Set to be blessed with another son. His first born Takel had gone into service to the temple as a sorcerer, and he wanted a son to carry on the noble house. When his wife gave birth to twin daughters, he felt that Set was mocking him. In desperation, he struck deals with dark powers and false gods, and prepared to sacrifice the twin infants. They were stopped by the intervention of Takel, who had his parents imprisoned and sacrificed to Set as a sign of “dedication”.

Takel saw potential in his two sisters, and secretly arranged for them to be adopted by separate families. The reasons for this separation are unknown to all but him, but the twin Takel named Devara was sent to a wizard in Kheshetta, while the one named Selona was given to the noble family Deshret in Luxur.
Selona was given every care and luxury. Her adopted father Odion had always desired a daughter, and doted upon her every need. She was provided with a personal servant girl that attended to her every need named Chessene, the two were raised together. Odion believed that education was very important, and he arranged for Selona to receive the very best education that the Temple would offer. She was trained in various subjects, from history and philosophy to religion and sexuality. She showed a special gift for potions and mixtures, and learned to make many rare items.

When she turned twelve, Takel approached her and told her the truth of her parents and revealed his relationship to her. Selona was overjoyed to learn that she had a blood relation and touched by what he had done, for Takel placed great emphasis on saving her. She became very committed and loyal to him, which would later shape her life. Takel instructed her to keep their true relationship a secret, so that his enemies could not strike at him through her. Having lost track of Devara by now and believing that she could be dead, he chose not to tell Selona that she had a twin
Back to top Go down
Selona Deshret

Selona Deshret Empty
PostSubject: Re: Selona Deshret   Selona Deshret Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 9:30 pm

Part Two: Rise and fall of Vashta Nerada

Selona finished her education and was selected to learn how to harness powerful magic by the priests of Set. Soon she became capable of harnessing powerful forces capable of striking men down and powers of suggestion that could make others her puppets. She seemed destined to enter into the priesthood when Takel made contact with her. He had gone into exile after the murder of his wife several years ago, but now he spoke of having found a new power. He called her to his side, and she obeyed. Selona requested to be given status of a traveling priest under the guise of spreading Set’s will to other lands, and left to meet with her brother.

Meeting in Tarantia, Takel revealed that he had found a ancient power, a being claiming to be a God of old Atlantis. He had taught Takel many forgotten spells. He instructed her of a new purpose, and that by aiding this being known as Shadow, that they could increase their own power. They began to form a group together known as the Vashta Nerada, which on the surface appeared to be a simple mercenary group but in truth worked towards bringing Shadow into the world. Shadow told them that there were beings in the world that housed the reincarnated spirits of followers from Atlantis, people that he had saved from a watery doom. Through them he had been allowed to survive fading into the void, and as more of them had been born he had began to grow stronger. Takel and Selona searched for these followers while accumulating power and influence. The first breakthrough came when Selona discovered that the Cimmerian warrior Vandra possessed dark magic normally unknown to her kind. Through hypnotism they were able to begin to unlock her memories of a previous life.

More were soon found, and Shadow instructed Takel to bring them to a secret location. It was there that things went terribly wrong. The true intentions of Shadow were revealed, the ones they had assembled were not former followers, rather they had been the ones that had sought to stop and destroy Shadow during Atlantis’ last day. Shadow began to consume their souls, each one making him stronger. He revealed that he cared little for any of them and had merely used them to his own ends, and that the world would be cleaned and remade in his image. When things looked their darkest, Selona prayed to Set and begged for help. It seemed that Set was in a generous mood.

Soldiers of Set entered the cavern, having been instructed to hunt Takel down. The distraction allowed Selona to free many of the prisoners, while Takel was able to siphon much of Shadow’s power and disrupt his ritual. Takel opened a hidden escape tunnel and ordered Selona to flee, and being overcome with grief she did, running for miles until he collapsed from exhaustion. The least thing she saw before Takel sealed the tunnel was Vandra plunging her sword into the chest of Shadow and the guards pouring their way into the cavern.
Back to top Go down
Selona Deshret

Selona Deshret Empty
PostSubject: Re: Selona Deshret   Selona Deshret Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 9:31 pm

Part Three: Reunions.

Selona was alone and scared. She did not know if she had been seen or if her involvement was known with the Vashta Nerada, so she could not return to Stygia. She traveled to Cimmeria to find an Aquilonian nobleman, whom she had traveled with in the past. She knew the nobleman would protect her. She soon found him and joined with the group that he formed.

Soon more happiness was to follow. First she found that Vandra was alive and had survived. She was overjoyed that her friend was still alive, although Vandra believed that she was one of the only survivors, and that Takel had disappeared down a dark abyss, taking Shadow and most of the guards with him.

Soon afterwards she would have a life changing revelation when, while on a quick stop in the small village of Tesso she would encounter Devara, her twin. Initially believing her to be an assassin or some kind of foul creature, Selona attacked her in the inn in a blind rage. Thankfully a friend intervened and calmed her down, and the two women began to talk. Soon it became apparent through the way they spoke and thought that there was some kind of connection. After revealing that they both had long shared the same troubling dream remembering images of being separated they both accepted that they were sisters. It was a time of great joy to Selona.

She learned that Devara had not been fortunate enough to have the life that Selona had. Her adopted father had sold her into slavery when she was sixteen to a cruel Zingarian for a bag of money. Eventually the Zingarian tired of trying to break Devara’s spirit and sold her to pirates bound for the Barachian Islands. The ship encountered a storm and sank, and if not for the intervention of a man named Marolius, Devara would have drowned.

Angered by all of this, Selona took Devara and left for Stygia, finding Devara’s adopted father residing again in Kheshetta. Devara had been trained in sorcery and wielded great power, and together the two sisters decimated the household, killing all within. The Zingarian slave master that had held her for several years and abused her soon suffered a similar fate.
Back to top Go down
Selona Deshret

Selona Deshret Empty
PostSubject: Re: Selona Deshret   Selona Deshret Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 9:33 pm

Part Four: A new chapter

Soon, Selona began to focus all of her charms upon the Nobleman, determined to become his wife. She desired power and wealth, and he was the head of a very prominent family in Tarantia. Soon a marriage was planned, and posted throughout Tarantia. A few nights before her wedding she would receive a very happy surprise when Takel found her in Khemi. He had returned from the darkness of the void wielding new powers, all though at great cost to his body and perhaps soul. Selona was overjoyed to see him, and soon he was able to confirm and fill in the blanks about Devara.

Selona sent Chessene to the House Deshret, obtaining approval for her marriage. She attempted to release her friend from lifelong servitude, but Chessene refused, remaining at her side out of loyalty and love. In a simple ceremony in the Temple of Mitra in Tarantia, Selona and the Nobleman were married. Stygian do not perform marriage ceremonies, they simply move in together, so Selona agreed to the ceremony for his sake.

Following the ceremony, she traveled and spent months at the Nobleman's household, meeting the new family that she was not a lady of. Though she never admitted it, she felt very self conscious there, not only as a Stygian but by her nature. Her new family had numerous traditions of charity and nobility, and Selona felt awkward. Again, unadmitted even to herself she began to have feelings of doubt and believe that she was not good enough to hold such an influential position. However being the wife of the first born and heir to the family did grant her access to many places throughout Aquilonia, even to the court of King Conan himself. Selona excelled at the games of political intrigue in the court, and made quite the impression. She also secretly worked to secure alliances for House Deshret as had been requested by Odion.

Over time though, something happened that she did not plan. She found herself faced with the truth that she had fallen in love with her husband. She found herself caring about ideas of reforging Atlantis in the hearts and minds of the people, not because she believed in them or cared about Atlantis, but because she wanted it to succeed for him. She accepted living in the cold of Cimmeria in the city they had built on the Lachlish plains to help aid the Cimmerians against the Vanir. The control over her heart began to see her perform acts of charity to the local villages. She even seemed to become kinder.

This put Selona at war within herself. She wanted to be adored and showered with material possessions, and that conflicted with notions of helping others less fortunate. She told herself that she was merely using her marriage as a means to gain power and wealth, yet her feelings told her otherwise. The conflict in her caused her no end of anxiety, and she began spending more and more time in Khemi at the Serpents Head Inn, drinking wine. She began using the Deshret name in her introductions, not to enhance her dealings in Stygia but to avoid any unpleasant questions. At the same time she would find herself defending people in need with little thought or mention of any kind of reward. She began to become bitter and argumentative over perceived slights.

Finally the pressure was too much. Unable to accept the love that she had or the idea that some part of her wanted to be a kind and generous person, she left her husband and set out on her own. Returning to Stygia she found that Odion was upset at her for leaving the way that she did, and she is attempting to get into his good graces again.

Months ago, she had met Jegg, leader of a group of mercenaries known as the Black Daggers. She had enjoyed conversations with him and had sensed that beneath the outward appearance of the Mercenary Company something powerful lied underneath. The group also reminded her of the Vashta Nerada and what she had wanted to gain before they were all betrayed. Although Jegg had departed, she spoke with his successors and soon joined the ranks of the Daggers.
She now sets out to gain the things important to her, money and power.
And she does her best to ignore the void in her heart that her love and swift departure has created.
Back to top Go down
Selona Deshret

Selona Deshret Empty
PostSubject: Re: Selona Deshret   Selona Deshret Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 9:34 pm

Part Five: In the employ of the Black Daggers.

It did not take long for Selona to earn the trust of the Black Daggers, and she became especially close to Raine. She kept an eye on Fistar and was one of the first to guess that he had regained full use of his mind. She eventually came to form an odd friendship with him. She was also initially drawn to Velkan because of the power that he radiated, however she soon decided that he was insane and potentially dangerous. After he insulted her, she made no attempt to hide her disgust of him, and even openly taunted him.

When an ancient artifact that housed the power of a God was stolen from Conan and the Temple of Mitra, Selona saw an opportunity. She worked together with Fistar to locate the gem pieces (http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=311907&ForumID=1467704&TabID=2614767&Replies=0&TopicID=8249999), hoping to gain it's power for the Daggers as well as discredit the Invisible Fist, whom had been hired to find it. Although they recovered one of the pieces, it was deemed too dangerous and controlling, and was hidden (OOC: or whatever actually happened to it, no clue).

When Raine became pregnant, there was more to be concerned about then that she was carrying the offspring of a Cimmerian savage. An ancient demon was seeking to reenter the world, and was using Raine to that end. Selona acted as the ministering priest to perform the birthing ceremony, even though doing so reopened painful memories of a seer’s prediction that she would never bare children of her own. (http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=311907&ForumID=1467704&TabID=2614767&Replies=1&TopicID=8274531). She worked throughout the pregnancy to help keep the demon form asserting control over Raine, and when the time for the birth came, Selona nearly killed herself saving Raine's life and allowing her son, Kain to be born. Interestingly enough, she had little to gain personally from saving Raine or her son. (http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=311907&ForumID=1467704&TabID=2614767&Replies=1&TopicID=8376969)
Back to top Go down
Selona Deshret

Selona Deshret Empty
PostSubject: Re: Selona Deshret   Selona Deshret Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 9:35 pm

Part Six: The Shadows move and true love is found.

After a night of drinking in the Serpent head Inn, Selona returned to her room only to be drugged and abducted. Her captor spent a lot of time provoking conversations and not only knew many things about Selona, but also managed to manipulate her into telling more. He eventually revealed that he was in the employ of the Vashta Nerada, who had reformed under the guidance of a man named Darshell. Her kidnapper also revealed that the dark God Shadow had not been destroyed by Vandra, but severely weakened. Darshell had been gathering more who had been reincarnated by Shadow and could provide the strength that he needed to reenter. Her kidnapper, whose name was Nazeem, indicated that he really had no desire to help them, and Selona managed to secure his aid. (http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=311907&ForumID=1467704&TabID=2614767&Replies=6&TopicID=8320898)

Traveling to the ruins of Babal Nasir, she met up with Vandra and a Cimmerian warrior named Warduke, and together they formed a plan. Nazeem appeared to deliver Selona to Darshell; however she was able to escape. Hoping to free those who would be sacrificed to allow Shadow's return, she was shocked to find that they were not the reincarnated souls of the Atlantian warriors who had opposed Shadow, like Vandra, but rather were former Acheronian servents of Shadow, and were quite willing to give themselves to their god. Nazeem, Warduke and Vandra began to fight Darshell's guards, while Selona began killing Shadow's former servents. During the fight Darshell revealed to Warduke that he had once been the General of Shadows forces, the Warduke of Acheron. He learned that Vandra, who he had began to feel attracted to, had been his mortal enemy. While he helped them to destroy the Vashta Nerada and prevent Shadow from reentering, he would leave afterwards, seeking solitude.

With the threat of the Vashta Nerada gone, Nazeem accompanied Selona back to Draconis and joined the Black Daggers. Something had happened during her travels with Nazeem that she had not anticipated. She fell in love with him. Nazeem was nothing as she had expected a lover to be. While he was physically impressive and skilled...very skilled...very VERY skilled...he was not noble born, having lived as a street urchin in Kheshetta and learning to be a thief and assassin. He also could not be manipulated by her easily, and had a way of making her reveal her true feelings without meaning to. Perhaps it was this that made her love him so.

Shortly thereafter, Selona decided to leave the Black Daggers and return home to Luxur, to her father's estates. She wanted to introduce him to Nazeem and get his approval for marriage, as well as allow Devara to meet Odion and be officially recognized as a daughter of House Deshret.
Back to top Go down
Selona Deshret

Selona Deshret Empty
PostSubject: Re: Selona Deshret   Selona Deshret Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 9:35 pm

Part Seven: Return, Conflict and Purpose.

Luxur was a happy time. She enjoyed the time with her family, and her and Nazeem became husband and wife. Odion began to work with Nazeem to instruct him in family affairs. Selona returned to Aquilonia to act as her father's voice in House Deshret affairs.

It was here that she met an old friend, Sadat, the Prince of Shem. She had always liked Sadat, and believed in the strength of noble blood. She had found that many of those she had been close to in the Black Daggers had moved on, and was unsure of her place there. Sadat spoke of glory, riches and power, and Selona believed that she saw an opportunity and joined the Four Winds Trading Company. Soon, problems became apparent. First Sadat appointed her to oversee the Temple, and then became hostile when Selona was going to use it to honor Set. Soon Sadat's behavior became more unpredictable due to her use of Lotus. The final straw was when she made a bold declaration of hostilities with the Black Daggers. This troubled Selona for two reasons, first that she believed in being subtle as opposed to making a lot of noise, and secondly that she had no desire to fight with her former friends. Following a very harsh argument between Selona and Sadat over this, she left the Four Winds and rejoined the Black Daggers.

Upon rejoining the Daggers, Arleahra saw fit to name her in charge of the Temple of Draconis, and the appointment has given her a renewed sense of purpose. However, not everyone in the Daggers trusts her; the captain of the mercenaries Varadan questions her loyalty and us wary of her. Recently things became even tenser when he told her that he thought that she was a survivor and would sell anyone out to benefit her. His words brought back painful memories, and rather than face them she lashed out at him in anger. Whether the two of them will be able to work through these issues remains to be seen.

For now, Selona is content to work within the Temple to gain the things that she wants. She has begun adding to the Temple Guard who serve under her command to help assure her security. She also works to add to the strength of the Daggers and aid them as best she can.
Back to top Go down
Selona Deshret

Selona Deshret Empty
PostSubject: Re: Selona Deshret   Selona Deshret Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 9:36 pm

Part Eight: Death, Loss and Passage East.

Selona enjoyed several months of true stability and happiness, but unfortunately it was not to last. The first bad omen was when Selona received word of the death of Sadat, who had been killed by the Sons of Kotharu. Selona received a letter informing her of the death as well as an item Sadat left to her, her pisspot. Although at first insulted, she came to realize that this was sent as a token of friendship, in Sadat’s twisted sense of humor. What was more, Selona felt feelings of regret that she had not stayed with her and was saddened at the thought of her having died alone. She did her best to bury these feelings; however it was not as easy as it should have been.
However, this was just the beginning of a very dark time in her life. A powerful and influential member of the church arranged from the complete destruction of House Deshret and its holdings (as detailed here: http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=311907&ForumID=1467704&PostCount=1&TabID=2614767&TopicID=9035888&Page=1#44224904). Selona does not fully understand his motives or reasons, although she suspects that it has something to do with her brother.

Her father and Nazeem were killed, and she was told that her sister was dead as well. With only Chessene at her side and without any of the resources that she was used to being able to call upon, she was able to make a journey east to the land of Khitai. At first, she gave into despair, living in a small house in Shaoulin and spending most of her time drunk on rice wine. After she very nearly drank herself to death, Chessene was able to nurse her back to health and stop her destructive drinking. Selona set about rebuilding her life.

Selona is more closed off and bitter now and even quicker to say something cruel or spiteful then before. She quickly attached herself to an order that she believes holds the most power in this strange land, the Scarlet Circle, and has began rising through the ranks. Chessene has been able to travel back west and recover a small part of the Deshret fortune and resources that had been held in secure locations, so Selona has been able to afford a small measure of comfort.

Physically, Selona has changed her appearance. She no longer wears the elaborate markings showing her devotion to Set, who she feels abandoned her (yet cannot bring herself to denounce). She wears her hair longer in more eastern fashion, and has yet to dye it from her natural color. She has an elaborate tattoo on her back of a dragon now.

Emotionally, she has hidden her true self and heart even deeper than before, weaving many complex layers of deceit and lies to hide herself and the emptiness and loss she now feels.
Back to top Go down
Selona Deshret

Selona Deshret Empty
PostSubject: Re: Selona Deshret   Selona Deshret Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 9:37 pm

Part Nine: Return home.

Something had changed in Selona. Having suffered incredible loss and heartbreak when her House was destroyed, Selona found that she could no longer turn a blind eye to the suffering of others. The sorcerers of the Scarlet Circle were performing terrible rituals on the people of Kara Korum, and the depravity of it was enough to shock and disgust her. She was able to convince Pra-Eun that she could be of service by salvaging her House’s shipping contacts and delivering goods to the Circle.

She returned to Khemi and found that she was not wanted or being searched for, it seemed that Nal-chib had forgotten of her. She soon was able to discover that he was not a member of the Church, but rather a member of the Black Ring who had used his influence to stage the attack on House Deshret in the hopes of drawing her brother, Takel from hiding. However, Selona herself believed him to be dead, and when he did not appear, Nal-chib did as well, and Selona was of no further interest to him. She was furious to learn that all that she had was destroyed merely to further a game.

After meeting with members of the Black Daggers, Selona traveled to Draconis and resumed her work there in the Temple. She was able to salvage enough of her House’s former resources to make good on her shipping arrangement with The Circle, and the income was enough to sustain her. She had stopped using her family name, but a visit from her former mentor, the Priest Methotep. He brought Selona a gift, something he had secured from the wreckage of the house in Luxur. Untouched by fire was the Miter of House Deshret, which had stood for centuries as the symbol of leadership within the house. He presented it to Selona, telling her that it was a sign from Set, and that he still had plans for her, and the House. Afterwards, Selona began to use her House name again, and her faith in Set was restored.

She also received happy news when Marolius, the husband of her sister made contact with her in Draconis. He and Devara had survived the attack in Luxur and had fled to his home in Bossonia. She was overjoyed to learn that part of her family had survived and that Devara had made a happy life in there with him.
Back to top Go down
Selona Deshret

Selona Deshret Empty
PostSubject: Re: Selona Deshret   Selona Deshret Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 9:37 pm

Part Ten: Sutem

One night in Khemi, Selona had a chance meeting with a man. He was quiet and thoughtful, taken to reading. Selona was shocked to learn that his name was Sutem Mehryejin, and that he was the son of Sadat. She had never known that Sadat had a son, and Sutem certainly did not seem to take after his mother. The two of them began to talk, and she had to admit to being intrigued by this man. The men who had killed his mother had also targeted him, and one night an assassin made an attempt on his life with poison. Selona was able to use her knowledge of alchemy to delay the effects long enough for him to secure an antidote, and Sutem was grateful.

Selona continued to meet with him and found herself trusting him, telling him things that she had not told anyone about the destruction of her House and her trip East. Sutem vowed to build her a Villa in Poitain to reward her for saving his life. As the weeks passed on and the Villa was constructed, Selona and Sutem talked more and she began to fall in love with him. She wanted to help him in a way that she had failed to help Sadat. She also realized that she did not care for him because of his royalty or station in Shem, but because of how he treated her.
Things began to look happy again for Selona. She began to restore more of House Deshret’s former influence and fortune. She had found love with Sutem. Her work in the Temple was satisfying.

Naturally, tragedy struck.

The Sons of Kotharu attacked Sutem, and Selona received word that he had died. She was heartbroken by this news, but soon fear gripped her. Sutem had told her that the Sons were relentless and would hunt down any of his allies as well. She feared not only for her own life, but for that of her sister in Bossonia. Without word to anyone, she fled to Bossonia, leaving under cover of night. Once there, she made contact with her ally Vandra and asked her to travel there as well.

While Selona enjoyed being with her sister, she could not escape the despair of having lost what she cherished again. Seeing her Devara and Marolius together and in love increased that pain, and when Devara discovered that she was with child, it was too much for Selona. She insisted that she had to oversee matters personally back in Stygia, and asked Vandra to remain there to protect them.
Back to top Go down
Selona Deshret

Selona Deshret Empty
PostSubject: Re: Selona Deshret   Selona Deshret Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 9:38 pm

Part Eleven: A new chapter

Selona returned to find that there had been great changes while she was gone. The Black Dagger mercenary company had grown successful as time passed, and many of its members chose to retire to a quieter life, or simply disappeared. Selona returned to find most of her friends had gone, and that the Temple had declined. She stepped down from the temple and moved to Khemi, overseeing the trading business and making trips to the East.

Then one night, she was approached by a man. This man had long hair and a beard and walked with a limp. After staring at her for a few moments, he limped over and asked to join her, speaking in a raspy voice. She did not recognize him at first, but as they talked he began to seem familiar. When he let his true voice heard she came to realize that Sutem had not died that day as she had believed. He had allowed everyone to believe him dead, and now took the name of Annund Halldor. Sutem told her that he was not the man he once was, that he was broken and lacked his prestige. He then handed her a ring, and revealed that he had been preparing to give this to her before the attack. It was an intricate golden ring set with gems, a Sapphire, an Emerald, a Lapis lazuli, an Opal, a Nuummite and an Amethyst, arranged in order of her name. He told her that he did not think himself worthy enough to be her husband now.

Selona, however thought differently, and told him that she wished to be his wife, for he was still more worthy than any other living man that she knew. Sutem proposed and she accepted, and Selona became his wife. They soon had a feast to announce and celebrate their union. It was not until afterwards that Selona realized that technically her marriage now made her the Princess of Shem.

Sutem revealed that the Villa had been completed in her absence and together they moved into it. There is a city not far away that is home to the Sealladh alliance who prepares an exquisite Tulsa wine, and Selona has visited their city and found that several new friends that she has made have joined this alliance. She has begun to consider looking into it more closely.
Back to top Go down
Callesto

Callesto

Selona Deshret Empty
PostSubject: Re: Selona Deshret   Selona Deshret Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 7:37 pm

Wow, you put a lot of effort into this.. I will have to finish reading later after I drink a five hour energy! lol
Back to top Go down
Selona Deshret

Selona Deshret Empty
PostSubject: Re: Selona Deshret   Selona Deshret Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 9:58 pm

Thanks Smile It's a ongoing work in progress.
Back to top Go down
Kaenun
Admin
Kaenun

Selona Deshret Empty
PostSubject: Re: Selona Deshret   Selona Deshret Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 8:16 pm

o.O holy shiz... Sel you just like became my role model in rp.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Selona Deshret Empty
PostSubject: Re: Selona Deshret   Selona Deshret Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Selona Deshret
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Sealladh Alliance :: Roleplay Realm :: Introduction and Bio Section-
Jump to: